How do I know whether my buyer is genuine?
If you have any concerns please get in touch with us immediately. Unfortunately there are some scammers out there. Advice is to be aware of emails that contain bad English or grammar as this can be a sign of a scammer. We suggest that you do not give out your address initially, once the potential buyer seems genuine then you can arrange for the transaction to go ahead. If we become aware of a scammer using our website we will deactivate their account and inform users via our blog and social media. More information can be found on our Safe Selling page.
Here is a reminder of our hints and tips for safe selling:
- We always recommend using PayPal as it protects both parties.
- Alarm bells should ring if someone offers higher than the asking price.
- Go with your gut instinct if you think that something is not right than it is probably not a genuine buyer.
- Scam artists often get in touch about high value items such as wedding dresses, rather than small value items.
- The majority of our buyers are women - ask yourself why would a man be in touch about buying a wedding dress?
- Wedding items are very personal and as such there is often lots of lovely dialogue and interaction between the buyer and the seller.